Wednesday, November 28, 2007

#9 Feeding Frenzy - a make-up exercise

I think I missed #9 assignment. I took a look at #8 and the requirements for both assignments are so similiar, but anyway, I am going to find more feeds using some of the various blog search tools. I tried Topix, Blogline Search, Syndic8 and Feedster. As an experiment I went to each site and searched for "travel in New Orleans" in their default search box as I am going there for a training workshop in January, 2008 (I will take some photos there and share with you in my blog later). I tried Feedster first but it didn't work. I tried several times and it always gave me the error messages. So I tried Topix which listed all the information, and about 25% is relevant to what you really want. You had to click on each entry to find the image of feeds. Most of the time, you don't find any. Blogline's Search is very similar to Topix. The best of all is Syndics8. I searched "travel" in Syndics8's search box and it lists all the sites with Feed URLs, Feed IDs, Site Names, Created, Approved and Changed dates, Status of whether the site is syndicated or awaiting repair. It even provides information on languages. It took me no time to add my favorite feeds to my Bloglines. When I searched "travel in New Orleans" and it listed one matching feed and it is exactly what I wanted - New Orleans City Guide, though it is waiting for approval for syndicated.

No comments: